Monday, October 25, 2010

Brains!


Here's how the costume looks on the little man. He wasn't too keen on wearing it at first, but changed suit once he realized that you received candy if you wore it.

I'm glad the final product worked out. There were many hours of painstaking cutting, measuring, and glueing. It was a lot of fun. The crowd reaction at "Boo at the Zoo" was self satisfying. Although some people didn't quite get it. A few people actually thought it was a hawk or a turkey or one person just said, "bird".








Another home made adventure was completed today. Don't be alarmed, it's not an animal brain. It's a vanilla cupcake with home made buttercream frosting with parchment paper piping. This technique apparently needs to be perfected. Hopefully by the time my son is all grown up, I'll have mastered the art of decorating desserts. Baby steps for now. First we did the monkey cake and cupcakes for his birthday. Now the brain inspired ones for Halloween. We'll have to plan something Epic for Thanksgiving. We'll be bringing these sweet treats to a play group Halloween party tomorrow. I hope they're not to unappetizing.

I can't explain how happy I am to have some time off with my family. Nothing makes me more happy. My head is clear. Although I felt somewhat crappy from the fatty foods I ate yesterday - foie gras on a burger and pork belly for dinner. Blech!! All I'm in the mood for is light and fresh foods. Perhaps a spinach and feta brown rice crusted quiche for dinner will be a little lighter, and I'll feel somewhat lighter. Two more days of fun planned, and then I'm only working two days this week. I'm feeling rejuvenated for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment