Friday, June 15, 2012

Sentinel node biopsy

Today we had the sentinel node biopsy. The preliminary test came back negative for cancer in the lymph nodes, but we're awaiting the full testing results in 7 days. The preliminary test is 98% accurate, though. Fingers, toes, arms, arms, and legs crossed.
It feels like I got knifed in the armpit. Therefore I'm glad it's the weekend do I get a break from tests and docs do that I can recover from the minor surgery.
Next week is more testing and meeting more docs. They found another questionable area in my other breast via MRI so that means I need an ultrasound and possibly a biopsy done with local anesthesia. I meet with another oncologist and a plastic surgeon. So I'll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off again.

This face helps me through this. (and my son's face too)



1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for the final results of your biopsy. It’s the hardest between testing and final results – the thoughts just keep circling!

    Glad to hear your surgeon suggested getting a second opinion regarding the mastectomy. Just keep in mind this decision is yours, so take your gut feeling as the ultimate opinion.

    ReplyDelete