Saturday, June 16, 2012

Break time


Today is Saturday. No Dr appt.'s, no surgeries, no tests. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion so this is a relief. I had three IV's this week. One blood draw besides that. Radioactive dyes, heavy metal solutions, and blue dye flowed in my veins. Heck, I even peed blue all day yesterday. It was as bright as Kool Aid.

This weekend I recover from the surgery and am brainstorming on fundraising while my head isnt swimming with the cancer fight. I'm trying to do leg work and find people to donate items, services, gift certificates, art, etc.because we're going to hold a "Beef and Beer". It's a fundraiser typical of South Jersey. I never even heard of them before until we moved here almost 4 years ago, and now I have cancer and am having one for my benefit. Lucky me...

We really do need money because I can't work right now. I need a clear head to tattoo. Not to mention my armpit is pretty sore right now from surgery yesterday. I'm hoping that during chemotherapy I can work. Everyone says I will and I'll be psyched to tattoo again. Heck these days I find joy in changing a stinky diaper. The little things really are the best things in life now.

The night I got that phone call I didn't eat anything. The first thing that popped in my head was to go completely Vegan and cut out refined sugar. After speaking with someone I know and love who was in remission, I decided to cut out fruits too because the body can't tell the difference from each type of sugar. Also processed soy products can act like estrogen in the body and feed cancer so I'm cutting that out too. However the cancer I have is estrogen negative.
The candida diet was recommended to me and eating local organic meats, but after watching "Forks Over Knives" and similar documentaries, I think that I'll stay vegan for now. I'm also avoiding anything out of a box containing ingredients that I'm unfamiliar with.
Please let me know if I can eat fruit. My diet an be so boring. Regardless I need to get into fighting shape. 'Nothing tastes as good as life feels"

No comments:

Post a Comment