Monday, January 24, 2011

With the good, there is bad

Such is life. It's never all good or all bad thankfully, but a little mixed in here and there. Sometimes the balance is heavier on one side or the other, and sometimes it seems like things are fully one way or the other. The balance is seemingly in the middle after teetering in the lowest of lows.

Talon is sick... again. It seems like he's been catching viruses since late December. He was sick with something around Christmas, and then a week or so later. Now he has a rash all over his face that the doctor says is viral. Although the other day her husband, also a pediatrician, said that it was folliculitis. We made the second visit today after yesterday when he acquired a fever that went up and down like a see saw. The rash seemed to spread throughout his face. My husband and I are sefl proclaimed Web MD's, and we didn't agree that it was folliculitis. Today she decided it was something viral and highly contagious since the antibiotic ointment wasn't working. So here I am at home with my son. We couldn't have my MIL come since we didn't want to expose her to the germs. She sits several young family members, and she also volunteers at her church's day care. I can't wait for this to pass so we can join the world of play dates again.

The reason why I'm home and not my husband is because it's his first day back to work. He suited up in his finest white collar attire and headed out just a little bit ago. I sent him off with a lunch box with snacks, dinner, and a little note of encouragement. It's his birthday tomorrow. I'm sure that this is one of the best gifts he can get.

Even before my so called "epiphany", there have been some amazing people surrounding me these days. Now that I've reconnected with spirituality, my eyes are open to this. It's amazing that Im actually beginning to believe that:

"Everything happens for a reason."

I always believed that was so trite, however, it's making sense presently. I"m starting to believe that the Universe really is in the hands of God, Buddha, Allah, the Goddess's, whatever name you use for the higher power that ties us all together. I've been using my mantras every day, and I've even downloaded a prayer and meditation book to my Sony Reader. Maybe I'll even start doing yoga again. I really need to get my act in gear here. I've been so stuck in my head for so long, and I want to shut it off. A huge burden has been lifted. It's apparent a new chapter in my family's life has begun. I can finally breath a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment