Saturday, May 21, 2011

High on fumes

Today at work we were breathing in polyurethane fumes all thee live long day. That's probably not the best thing to do, but what can I do?! Anywhow I got 5 hours of color in on this alien abduction piece. I'm pretty happy so far, but I can't wait to get in there again to add more and tighten it up.

I wonder if that is how all of the Christians will be evacuated that believe Judgement Day begins today?

After work, the fam and I went for a drive to pick up our local bounty. First stop was picking up our farm raised free range eggs at 7th Heaven Farm. We jumped out of the car to observe some sheep herding. Then we ventured to their friends place in the boonies to pick up our Organic seedling order. Their farm was pretty sweet. They kept an array of birds - guinea fowl, a variety of pheasants, chickens, geese, wild turkey, and the biggest, fluffiest domestic turkey we'd ever seen. He was puffing his feathers out and gobbling the whole time we were there. Then we stopped for an unsuccessful ice cream trip.

Now let the planning for the planting begin. I acquired way too many plants. We have about 7 heirloom tomato varieties which can grow 6 - 8 ft. We have one small hybrid that's small. Also we have a sampling of winter squashes, melons, basil, lettuce, cucumbers, pumpkins, and hot peppers. My husband constructed a raised bed, but I have a feeling he'll be constructing another this year. I can't wait to get these in the ground. With the CSA farm share and our own garden, we should be able to avoid shopping in the market quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment