Monday, May 23, 2011

Garden 2011

There's the front garden containing 7 heirloom tomatoes, one hybrid tomato, and four different heirloom hot peppers. I still have to put cages around the tomatoes so that they'll be able to flourish and grow to their maximum heights of 6 - 8 feet tall. Last year I planted too closely so hopefully this year will be more productive.

I had to transplant some bulbs, 5 herbs, and a large thyme bush to the back in a raised bed. I'm hoping that this move is successful ad the lettuce will cooperate in the herb bed. While I'm away in Fl, my husband is going to build another raised bed, 6 ft squared, so that I can plant the rest of the seedlings. We still have several varieties of squash, a couple of pumpkins, cucumbers, 3 basils, parsley, and melons.

What I would do for a piece of land to call our own. Although I'm trying to get the most use of what we live on now, it's going to take a lot of our dogs area from them. I guess we'll just have to walk them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment