Friday, July 29, 2011

Maryland trip


We've escaped to see my Father in Law and wife to a remote island in the Chesapeake Bay. We arrived Thursday in the wee hours after a crazy car ride of dropping off our dogs at two separate families' homes and our son throwing up all over himself 3/4 into the ride. Once we got there it was smooth sailing. Yesterday we had a blast biking on the island, walking around the closest town that has some tourist shops, boating, and dining at my FIL's restaurant. This morning we acquired some crabbing supplies and a license, and set out to do some crabbing. This was fun for us, but Talon was miserable after awhile. We managed to catch tons of crabs, although many of them were under the specs for keeping. I could've done it for a couple more hours even though it was so hot and the sweat was pouring from my brow. The crabs are cooked and ready for harvesting the meat. I plan on taking it home and making some crab cakes and chowder if we have any meat left. I don't want to leave here. Relaxing and traveling is what recharges my battery and I've needed it.

Tonight we travel home after supping at the restaurant again. Then it's back to the grind. I can't wait to some back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment