Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tegan's Traveling Tattoo Extravaganza

Finally there are a few minutes when I can actually sit and write a few words. My traveling schedule has been comparable to a trucker, and the mileage is racking up. Six hundred sixty miles up and down to NH which was traveled twice in two weeks. Then hours later after arriving back from the last work trip from Jim's Tattoo, we departed again to a relaxing destination in the heart of the Chesapeake Bay.

The past four days have be spent relaxing to the maximum. We had to escape to an island with a population of maybe 500. My laid back in laws live there. It's gorgeous, and there's nothing to do if you want to be busy. Well you can fish, boat, or ride your bicycle around the island if it's warm. We did none of this since it was pretty chilly out there, although I walked around a little while my toddler tricycled around. I ignored emails and texts until this morning. I didn't call anyone on the phone. There was lots of eating, gaming, gazing, movie watching, cooking, and massaging. I had a great massage at a local fancy shmancy spa with my Step MIL. We also steam bathed, drank tea, and took our sweet time showering and such. My family took home a bounty of gifts including some oysters that I'll be steaming soon for dinner.


In less than 13 hours, I'll be putting the pedal to the metal again. I'll be hacking off about thirty minutes but hopefully more with my new guest spotting stint at Good Mojo Tattoos in Beverly, MA. Sunday and Monday will be spent tat zapping up a storm thanks to several ink aficionados. I know that this location will be more accommodating to most of these friendly clients. Some of them will travel a mere fifteen minutes or less to get to the studio. It'll be nice to be in a new atmosphere with friendly new faces. Tomorrow night I'm also excited to spend some QT with some old friends, who are expecting twins next year. Although it'll be a rough drive there and back, the time in between is really what I look forward to.



No comments:

Post a Comment