Saturday, October 15, 2011

Falling for fall

This week was indulged in taking some time off to experience fall. We did some Halloween decorating, went to a ghost researcher lecture, and took a family trip to an island off the Chesapeake Bay. I feel great after a week of relaxing and refilling my inner battery.

Today has been filled with home work. Between cooking and doing some serious house cleaning, I've also been doing research for upcoming tattoos. It feels like the cleaning is never really finished. Once one area is cleaned, you move onto the next. Another meal is made, and the kitchen is a disaster or my son has made his presence like a tornado storming a neighborhood. I suppose I feel the same way about drawing too! After my husband's slumber from working the night shift, I sent him to IKEA to grab some organizational furniture. We've got to get this place into somewhat of a functioning home. The upstairs is in purgatory since we're ridding an entire home office and making it into big brother's room. A mom's work is never done. Later tonight the drawing will commence. It's been a productive yet exhausting day, and it's not even over.

Here's an awesome and easy recipe I made from aging apples. I never want to buy store bought applesauce again!!

INGREDIENTS:
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.

I omitted the cinnamon since I feel as if it's over used. The apples I used were honey crisp. mmmmmmmmm!

Now onto making some pumpkin bread with hubbard squash instead of pumpkin. Here's the link to that recipe just in case you want to try it. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/downeast-maine-pumpkin-bread/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment