Monday, March 22, 2010

In Recovery

Well the surgery went well last week. We got in there on time, got Josh situated, and then I walked nervously around the city. I walked about 2 and a half to 3 miles that day. Maybe more... I got a pedicure, went shopping at LUSH and Juicy (and spent way too much money on a jacket at Juicy), ate lunch, pumped in the car, had a drink, and napped while sitting up in the family surgery waiting area at the hospital before I was allowed to see my husband. It had been 6 hours, but it felt like an eternity. I was in the midst of a terrible cold with a stabbing head ache that lasted for two days so this added to my anxiety levels. The surgeon had called me after the procedure to tell me what happened and that everything went smoothly. That was the biggest relief. I hadn't been as excited to see Josh after surgery since we first started dating and were still living in different states. Now we're in recovery and a whole slew of new obstacles have been presented before us.

The first ten days to two weeks will be the worst. During that time, Josh isn't allowed to do anything besides occaisionally walk. He can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. He can't do bend or twist, drive or lift his own son. Will he do this being the stubborn man he is? I caught him folding laundry the other day. His mother doesn't help. She thinks he should be given small tasks to make him feel important. I think he should do nothing. Thank God she helped out, though. With me being the bread winner, I have to work. At least now it's Monday, and I don't have to work until Friday. I can keep an eye on him, and yell at him if he doesn't obey the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment